To help you prepare for your first visit...
Questions to ask your Rheumatologist
Are there lifestyle measures I can institute?
Apart from medications, what else can I do to improve how I'm feeling?
How do I prevent damage to my joints?
What can I do to remain active and doing as much as I can?
Can you help me understand the pro's and con's of different treatment options that are available?
If there are medications that might help me, are there any side effects I should know about?
How do I obtain a referral?
A valid referral is required to consult with one of our Rheumatologists in order to be eligible for a Medicare rebate. A referral for a Rheumatologist can be obtained from your GP or from another specialist. A referral from a GP is valid for 12 months and a referral from a specialist is valid for 3 months.
If you have not already sent or uploaded your referral please forward a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your appointment.
A referral is not needed to see any of the Allied Health team.
Where do I park when I arrive?
- Paid street parking is available on Help Street and other surrounding streets. Please note that parking inspectors patrol the streets regularly.
- There are also many parking stations in the vicinity.
- If you are willing to walk 10 to 15 minutes, Westfield parking is now 2 to 4 hours free. They request you download an app to get the extra hours.
- Paid parking is available on Hunter Street and other surrounding streets. Please note that parking inspectors patrol the streets regularly.
- There is also the Justice Precinct Car Park which is directly across the road from the clinic. Click here for a full list of prices.
- If you are willing to walk 10 to 15 minutes, 3 hours free parking is available at Westfield Parramatta.
Do I need to be on time?
- Please be on time. We pride ourselves on being punctual but this only works if our patients arrive on time as well.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your initial appointment to fill out any necessary paperwork.
- Should you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please inform us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- We deliver a professional service and respect your rights, dignity, privacy, feelings and cultural customs.
What do I bring to my appointment?
Your referral letter.
Any relevant X-rays and scans
Any relevant blood tests if available
Medicare card (Pensioner or Repatriation Card if applicable)
Claim number & details for Workers Compensation and Third Party claims
List of medications
Your Private health insurance card which will help process HICAPS claims and allow you to claim your rebate immediately.
Our Rheumatologists work with a specialised team.
We have multiple clinicians who you are available to enhance your care.
Curious to find out who they are how they help?