Full time or part time permanent position - start September/October
We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and highly motivated Accredited Exercise Physiologist to join our team. Over the past 21 years, BJC Health’s brand in delivering integrated rheumatic disease care has increased markedly. Despite the crisis of COVID-19, we have made unique changes to healthcare delivery and have accelerated towards our 10 year vision. We believe exercise is fundamental to helping our clients succeed.
Our team is passionate and we strive to exceed expectations.
Our values define us. These are:
to be good with people
to play like a pro with hunger & passion
to lead with humility
We seek a new team member who is looking for a specialist role in Rheumatology. Ideally the right candidate takes pride in their personal health and fitness and shares our passion and values at BJC Health. Reporting to the Exercise Physiology Manager, the purpose of this role is to help the BJC team deliver exceptional exercise physiology services both in-person and virtually, that in turn allow our clients to live and feel better.
Clinical Opportunities include:Being a part of delivering the following:
- Developing your Rheumatology knowledge and expertise
- Deliver on site consultations to assist patients living with a Rheumatic Disease to manage their conditions and live meaningful lives
- Instruct fun and unique group training sessions at a high standard
- Facilitate interactive, live virtual exercise classes for people with inflammatory disease (The team collectively run a variety of 25 sessions per week, check them out here: https://www.bjchealth.com.au/bjc-virtual-group-exercise-classes)
- Treating a varied case load of private patients, Medicare referrals, NDIS and insurance schemes
- Deliver telehealth services reaching clientele outside of greater Sydney
- Join a team of 4 Exercise Physiologists while collaborating with your multi-disciplinary colleagues, external referrers and stake holders to deliver best care
Continuing education and presenting opportunities:
- We want to see our EPs expand their clinical skills, Rheumatology knowledge and expertise; and achieve personal growth. This is supported through subsidised professional development opportunities
- One-on-one weekly case management from a senior clinician or manager who will guide and mentor you to excel
- Regular in-services with Allied Health and Rheumatology teams
- Education and presenting opportunities at BJC JAM – our very own musculoskeletal conference (https://bjc.delegateconnect.co)
- Facilitation at Biomechanics and Functional Movement workshops
- Contribute to our online education platform BJC Connect. Host virtual educational webinars and workshops
- Work as part of a specialist multidisciplinary team–Rheumatologists, Physiotherapists, Remedial Massage Therapists, Podiatrists, Accredited Hand Therapists & Dietitian
Expectations of the role:
- Perform screening and assessments to develop treatment plans that help clients achieve their goals within agreed timeframes
- Recommend suitable and tailored plans that may involve but is not limited to: group classes, virtual programs, home/gym exercise program development, education, health coaching and behaviour change
- Follow-up clients who have stopped engaging to understand why they have discontinued care and help them work towards achieving their goals
- We are looking for someone enthusiastic and passionate about making exercise attractive (because not everyone likes exercise)! Bring energy to your sessions, ensuring clients (and you) are having fun whilst feeling reassured and motivated
- Supporting your colleagues by providing constructive feedback and celebrating when deserved. We all like to celebrate a win!
- Be a reliable team member, someone your co-workers can count on
- Keep your clients active which may require referral and assistance from your multi-disciplinary team
- Be aware of what you need to achieve in order for your team to succeed, be empathetic
- Be willing to expand your EP skillset and are always looking to improve yourself. Have a growth mindset
Requirements of the role:
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Annual CPR & First aid certification
- Willing to be SIRA registered to treat patients under insurance schemes
- Ability to work at our Chatswood and/or Parramatta clinics. Locations will be discussed upon application
- Personal Training experience especially group facilitation
- Strength & Conditioning certified
- Physically fit and experienced in functional training
- Chinese language skills
- Virtual exercise instruction
- Staff discounts
- Employee assistance program (counselling and support services)
- Flexible work arrangements that support work-life harmony
- Social events. We like to have fun!
- Clinic closure over Christmas and New Year
- Support to attend ESSA and Australian Rheumatology Association conferences locally and interstate
- Training and professional development allowance each year
- Specialised and individualised career pathway of progression
To apply for this position, please include a current resume and a cover letter addressing the points above.
You can email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applying through Seek, please ensure you submit your video to the email address above.
Consider exploring our website to gain a better understanding of what we do and why we do it.
People who have the qualifications, skills and experience outlined above and are also eligible to work in Australia should apply.