Permanent Exercise Physiologist (Full-time / part-time)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and highly motivated Accredited Exercise Physiologist who is physically fit and takes pride in their personal appearance. Over the past 18 years, BJC Health’s brand in delivering integrated rheumatic disease care has increased markedly. Despite the crisis of COVID-19, we have made unique changes to healthcare delivery and have accelerated towards our 10 year vision.
Our team is passionate and we strive to exceed expectations.
Our values define us. These are:
to be good with people
to play like a pro with hunger & passion
to lead with humility
We seek a new team member who shares our passion and values at BJC Health. Reporting to the Exercise Physiology Manager, the purpose of this role is to help the team deliver exceptional exercise physiology services both in-person and virtually, that in turn allow our clients to live and feel better.
Opportunities include:Being a part of delivering the following:
- 35 supervised group training sessions each week
- Unlimited care packages
- 25 live virtual exercise classes each week (https://www.bjchealth.com.au/bjc-virtual-group-exercise-classes)
- Joining a team of 7 exercise physiologists led by managers with 20 years of experience who have helped change management in the field of rheumatology
Continuing education and presenting opportunities:
- A CPD allowance exists for all roles
- Regular in-services
- BJC JAM – our very own musculoskeletal conference (https://bjc.delegateconnect.co)
- Weekly case management
- Biomechanics and movement workshops
- Working in a multidisciplinary team – Rheumatologists, Physiotherapists, Remedial Massage Therapists, Accredited Hand Therapists & Dietitians
Expectations of the role:
- Help clients achieve their goals within agreed time frames.
- Follow-up clients who have stopped engaging to understand why they have discontinued care.
- Make sure clients are having fun whilst feeling reassured and motivated.
- Following all the steps in our client journey.
- Supporting your colleagues by giving constructive feedback or celebrating with them if they deserve it. Help cover group classes when someone is sick or away.
- Keeping your clients active. This may require assistance from your physiotherapy or massage therapy colleagues to help keep your client’s exercising.
- Being aware of what you need to achieve in order for your team to succeed.
Requirements of the role:
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Ability to work at both the Chatswood and/or Parramatta clinics
- Be ready to see clients at 6.30am and/or finish seeing clients at 8pm Monday to Friday
- Be able to work Saturday mornings
- FMS certified
- Strength & Conditioning certified
- Physically fit and experienced in functional training
- Personal Training experience especially group facilitation
- Chinese language skills
- Staff discounts
- Employee assistance program (counselling and support services)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Regular social events
- Clinic closure over Christmas and New Year
- Training and professional development allowance
To apply for this position, please include a current resume and a cover letter talking to the points above. Also consider exploring our website to gain a better understanding of what we do and why we do it.
People who have the qualifications, skills and experience outlined above and are also eligible to work in Australia should apply.