- 1 Salmon fillet, sliced I half long ways
- Peanut oil, approximately 1tbspn in total
- Fresh basil, 6 leaves, torn
- Freshly grated ginger, 1tsp
- 1 Spring onion, chopped, and separated into white and green portions
Mix ½ peanut oil with basil, ginger and white portion of spring onion
Rub into salmon fillet and leave to marinate for 1hour (if you have time, if you don’t, can move to the next step immediately.
Heat fry pan and add remaining peanut oil to medium heat
Add salmon, and cook on either side for approximately 4 minutes, or until cooked
This recipe is delicious served immediately with a side salad, or cold the next day for lunch (as you can see from my picture!)
Salmon should be cooked and served medium rare, however if you like it cooked more than that it is up to you
As an alternative, try fresh tuna, just do it exactly the same way, but the cooking time can be reduced, as tuna cooks very quickly, and if not served medium rare, can become a little tough/dry.