Justine Walker MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Bach of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) University of Sydney
Justine graduated from the University of Sydney in 2015 with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy. Since then, she has worked in private practice and developed a special interest in arthritis, chronic pain and climbing specific physiotherapy.
She doubles as a full time Parramatta BJC physiotherapist and as the current Australian National Climbing team Physiotherapist since the start of 2018 officially. Since taking on this role, Justine has travelled with the team to the World Youth Climbing Championships in Moscow 2018 and the World Open Climbing Championships in Innsbruck 2018, as well as national/NSW state open and youth events for the past 2 years.
Justine has a key interest in managing climbing related finger and upper limb injuries, complex regional pain syndrome, inflammatory arthritis and performing dynamic ultrasound of the hip and groin. In the future, she is interested in continuing to research pulley injuries and exercise/return to sport management in rock climbers with the use of ultrasound.
In her spare time, Justine likes to rock climb both indoors and outdoors which she has done both locally in the Blue Mountains, as well as in New Zealand and Austria. She also loves to listen to reggae music and is an advocate for animal welfare.
Education & Training
- App. Sci (Physiotherapy) University of Sydney
- AHPRA registration
- Membership of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- RockTape Instructor
- APA Level One Spinal Course
- Level One Integrated Dry Needling
- Functional Movement Group M.A.T
- Explore the Sporting Hip & Groin Course
- Dynamic Stabilisation of the Hip and Pelvis Course
- NOI Group Explain Pain Course
- Certificate III in fitness
- HLTCPR201A Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Level 1 Sports Trainer SMA
Affiliations & Memberships
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- NSW/ACT Sport Climbing Association and Sport Climbing Australia