Heidi Kim MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Bachelor of Health Science (Movement Science), Masters of Physiotherapy
Heidi graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Health Science degree, majoring in Movement Science and a Masters of Physiotherapy.
Heidi is interested in all musculoskeletal injuries in particular dance related injuries and rehabilitation. Having over 17 years of dance expertise herself, Heidi understands the strength and rigor that is required and enjoys completing thorough dance, technique and flexibility enhancement and pre-pointe assessments. She also has a strong interest in individualized exercise based therapy and technique corrections to aid with injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Heidi also has a particular interest in womens health physiotherapy which involves treatment and management of issues associated with incontinence, urinary urgency, pelvic floor dysfunction, pre, during and post-natal rehabilitation. Treatment techniques include pelvic floor activation and strengthening, bladder behavioural re-training and individualised pilates based exercise programmes.
Heidi is also a Cecchetti Associate Ballet Teacher, as well as a modern expressive teacher and receives great satisfaction seeing her students have fun and improve.
Outside of work, she loves to dance, travel the world and relax at the beach.
Education & Training
- University of Sydney, Bachelor of Health Science (Movement Science Major) and Masters of Physiotherapy
- Level 1 Rehabilitation Pilates training with the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute
- Australian Rheumatology Association Conferences
- Introductory Womens Health course by Taryn Hallam
- Musculoskeletal Segmental and Dry Needling for Physiotherapists
- Lisa Howell's Dance Teacher and Practitioner Training Level 1 course, and Level 2 courses including - A new approach to Core Stability, Flexibility Intensive, Understanding and managing foot injuries in Dancers, Understanding and managing hip injuries in Dancers
- Jenny Hymes “An Integrated and dynamic approach to pelvic/hip region”
- Trish Wisby Roth's Hip Differential Diagnosis and Prescriptive Exercise Course
- Rock Tape Fascial Blades and Taping Course
Affiliations & Memberships
Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
Australian Rheumatology Association
Rock Tape Australia