By Dr Irwin Lim, Rheumatologist
On Saturday, 37 of our gang (clinic staff & loved ones) gathered at our Chatswood rooms to take part in our annual BJC Health Amazing Race.
Over 4 hours, we attempted to decipher clues and complete challenges, racing around Sydney to beat the other teams to the next destination.
We're a pretty competitive bunch. So racing means actually running (or walking very, very fast) to get to each successive destination.
The challenges involved:
- scavenging through a shop finding a noisy Japanese kid's toy
- taking photos of 30 strangers being hugged by your teammates
- convincing a salon to allow a teammate to wash and style another teammate's hair for $10
- finding the location where the Wolverine could be found next to Nicole Kidman
- scoffing an Adriano Zumbo macaron
- finding some obscure cafe with a White Rabbit & A Global Clock
- constructing a Nanoblock figure
I loved my team - Sarah, Shiv and Anne . They were really keen and pumped and we came 2nd out of the 10 teams.
It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Lot of laughs were shared and we have stories to tell.
Check out our Facebook page for more pictures - www.facebook.com/BJCHealth.ConnectedCareDr Irwin Lim is a rheumatologist and a director of BJC Health. You should follow him on twitter here. Arthritis requires an integrated approach. We call this, Connected Care. Contact us.