That time of the day when you’re already rushing to get out the door, and now you’re on a low FODMAP diet, you need to think about what you can have for breakfast as well!
I’ve put together a handy list of the top 5 low FODMAP breakfast cereals to hopefully shave some time off your morning routine!
- Gluten Free Weetbix – I cannot explain my delight when Sanitarium brought these out earlier in the year. Quick, easy and tasty. A pantry staple.
- Freedom Foods Active Balance with Buckwheat and Quinoa – A good option if you’re after a ‘flakey’ cereal. This one is low GI, and has pumpkin seeds in it as well.
- Food For Health Fruit Free Clusters – A nice option if you prefer a muesli style cereal with crunch! These are packed with loads of flavour!
- Kez’s Free Cereal Fructose Friendly – Tasty, and half way between muesli style and flakey style, this cereal is one of the more popular options for my clients with IBS.
- Oats* – Though technically not gluten/wheat free, the amount of these present in oats is so low that most people with IBS can tolerate them no worries. Whole rolled oats, or steel cut oats are best as are the lower GI options. Cook up to make some porridge, or use the rolled oats as a base of a homemade muesli. Easy!
*Avoid oats if you have coeliac disease.
I would love to hear if you have any other low FODMAP cereals you enjoy!